The Depthraider is also one of the top baits for Muskie trolling in the world, and Joe makes a big one called the Bigfoot Depthraider. Joe Bucher knows his stuff and the Topraider has been a Muskie mainstay for a long time. An unbelievable Musky lure, that has a tremendous following, its now available at nearly half of what you'd pay in a big box store. Sometimes called Depth Raiders they are widely searched for because even though they are such an effective Musky lure, they are not as easy to find as some other Musky lures. Finding them for a good price is generally even more difficult. Here you can buy a full selection of Joe Bucher tackle including the related Topraiders, Shallowraiders and CD Raiders along with other lures of your choice. Joe Lures are THE lure for musky trolling.
- Bucher Tackle homepage www.joebucher.com
HOW TO FISH:
The DepthRaider® can be
- cast or trolled successfully for nearly every big game fish in both
- fresh and saltwater. The actual maximum running depth of a DepthRaider®
- will vary depending upon several factors: length of cast (from rod tip
- to lure), diameter of line (the thinner the line, the deeper it will
- run), and to a lesser extent, speed of retrieve or troll (faster
- retrieve/troll results in a deeper running bait). Basically speaking,
- longer casts with thinner line will make the lure run deeper. Shorter
- casts with heavier line will result in a shallower track. In most
- casting situations with a conventional musky outfit loaded with 40 to
- 75 pound line, expect your DepthRaider® to travel anywhere from 6 to 12
- feet depending upon the length of your cast and your retrieve speed.
- However, it is quite easy to attain depths much greater than this while
- trolling by simply varying the amount of line you let out (from rod tip
- to lure). If you want to troll the DepthRaider® shallower, let out less
- line. To attain greater depth, simply let out more line until you begin
- to hit bottom at your targeted depth. Depths of 20 feet or more are
- easily attainable using this system. Additional weight can be added in
- front of a DepthRaider® (3-5 feet in front of the lure) to attain
- depths of 30 feet or more.
- The DepthRaider® has been specifically designed for fishing around
- heavy cover such as weeds, sunken timber and bottom bouncing. The
- built-in, tail-up buoyancy of this lure combined with its large
- triangular diving lip allows it to bump into almost any cover with
- minimal hangups. To maximize its effectiveness, always work the
- DepthRaider® with a high rod angle, whether casting or trolling.
- Whenever the lure collides with cover, immediately drop the rod tip
- (creating a momentary slack line). This allows the DepthRaider® to
- float up backwards from the snag. Most of the time, the diving lip is
- the first to contact the cover source. The sudden reverse rising motion
- backs the lure out of most snags. Resume your retrieve or troll with a
- sudden rip forward of the rod tip to free any remaining cover clinging
- to the lip or hooks. This cover freeing tactic also triggers a lot of
Technical Specs 12 inches 6 1/4 oz
Extended Information Joe Bucher is changing the look of his packaging along with a few other changes. To get the new look into the big box stores, they are clearing out everything with the old packaging. The lure will remain a mainstay in the Muskie world, but deals like this run out when we run out of product. We'll take all of the Joe Bucher Tackle we can get.